incubator-general mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Specifications as (part of) ASF projects (was RE: Too many licenses? Was: [vote] Accept Glasgow)
Date Sun, 13 Aug 2006 23:02:41 GMT
What broken mail client are you using?

inline...

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Carl Trieloff wrote:
>
>> -> Is Apache in the business of writing and publishing specifications? <-
>
>> As long as Apache is not in the business of also creating
>> specifications, there will be by definition some separation
>> between code and spec processes, and I would like to work
>> with the ASF to try improve this.
>
> Wait ... why can't a specification be a releasable, just like a codebase?  The only issue,
as I see it, would be enforcement of compliance.  And Roy even put forward a proposed license
amendment for such things.

Which license amendment?  The license amendment that I'm thinking of was
specific to JCP TCKs and how derivative works of a TCK can't be used for
compatibility - it had nothing to do w/ enforcement of compliance with a
spec.

geir