incubator-general mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <>
Subject Re: Jini?
Date Sun, 13 Aug 2006 16:30:32 GMT
I'm going to reply to this as I found no good point in the thread.

I think that instead of spinning on this lock, we should move forward
with some other name to get things booted, and then resolve the Jini
name issue in parallel.

Clearly there's sufficient interest to see this become an Apache
community - I don't think that having a "working name" will be a big
problem as the Jini community will be fully aware of the project and
it's goals.

So Jim et al, if you like this, propose a working name, and lets get