incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject [Fwd: Hats and Ethics]
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 05:28:49 GMT
I posted the following observations to members@, and heard no negative
feedback.  I'd like to begin a dialog about what such a statement of
ethics should contain.

Unfortunately, it's been pointed out that noise on general@i.a.o can
be very confusing to new participants; when you see every point in the
evolution of a policy, but focus on a earlier 'revision', it's easy to
lose the end result of the dialog.

Eric pointed out this 'topic' generally belongs to incubator's charter
at the moment, but I'd suggest we conduct a dialog on community@ (which
is open to all members/committers and is archived) to come to a conclusion
on an ethics statement...

but I need a vote from the incubator committee that such a statement is
really needed to help guide new committers, and seasoned committers.
Can I hear i.a.o's vote to begin an i.o.a dialog on committers and bring
back a finished draft to this list?

Mine is +1, obviously.

Bill