incubator-general mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Glasgow - new name proposal
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 02:29:16 GMT

Some ideas that have come from random places / discussions / water
cooler / ...

Carl.

Digery
http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/~tbutler/trips/Oz-2006Jan/05-Oz-photos/wildlife%20-%20digery%20doo.jpg

"natter" is the English borrowed word you are looking for to describe it
Tjata     (swedish for "nag")
Tjatter   (swedish for "chatter")
Snattra   (swedish for "let ones gob run on empty")
Gnöla     (swedish for "whine")
Viska     (swedish for "whisper")
Hojta     (swedish for "yell")

Less related to the topic would be,

Tjosan!   (swedish for "Wahey!")

"Postel"
a) sounds like "Postal"
b) Jon Postel pretty much made the internet work

But probably less googlable than would desired.

Maybe "Postet" instead? post+et? seems googeable

Either of the above might suggest too much that other
store and forward message queing and delivery system known
more commonly as "email".

squawk
quack

Yak  -- there's the play on words between Yacking (slang: talking) and
the Tibetan herd animal.
Telephant

Taxis?

Based on the famous Von Thurn und Taxis family in germany that pioneered
mail delivery in europe:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thurn_und_Taxis