incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: incubation process for open development open source projects [WAS Re: Glasgow - community? specs? other issues?]
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 13:02:06 GMT
Eelco Hillenius wrote:
>> IMHO the incubator should not impose timescales or a schedule on a
>> project but a project may decide to impose a timescale on itself.
>
> My thought is that a time scale would be part of the proposal. If that
> proposal is voted in, it would also mean the time scale is excepted
> and thus - unless urgent reasons exist not to - should be adhered to
> by all parties involved.

You cannot put a time on how long the incubation will actually take
because things change and you never know if the podling is actually
meeting up to the requirements.

There is a lot of sense and response that goes on.  Also the incubator
PMC must get a good feel of how well the podling is doing.  This
impression they get does not happen overnight nor does it happen on the
schedule imposed by a podling.

As a mentor I would advise projects to put there energies towards other
persuits which would yield a bigger return in their efforts to graduate
in a timely fashion.

Alex