incubator-general mailing list archives

From Archit Shah <as...@redhat.com>
Subject Project Naming (was Re: [VOTE] Accept Glasgow into Incubator)
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 16:10:37 GMT
The project formerly known as Blaze changed its name to Glasgow based on
previous feedback and decided to follow Apache precedent (e.g. Tuscany).
Apparently there are strong objections to this precendent. In our
discussions, the group did come up with some ingenious names for the
project, but most had legal concerns or conflicted with existing
software. Glasgow was the winner mostly by process of elimination.

Danny, I'm confident that none of the committers are particularly
attached to the name and no one wants to see the proposal sidetracked
over the name of the project. So, we welcome any help in selecting a
name that does not have any software trademarks in the USPTO and isn't
connected to other relevant software projects.

  -- Archit