incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Accept Glasgow into Incubator - Spec Terms
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 01:32:31 GMT
Carl Trieloff wrote:
> (Correction)
> Looking, at this further the the CCLA is just concerned about IP, I might have
> miss-read and miss-stated. No need to start a thread based on my miss-read.

Right.  The CCLA exists to *protect* that very same individual-contributor
orientation of the ASF.  No matter how we protest, some people's contributions
will always be work-product, and unless they negotiate their contracts to
clearly provide for outside contributions to open source, the CCLA is our
vehicle to facilitate the company's employees' contributions to the ASF.

Bill