incubator-general mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Blaze and Openness of Standards (was Re: [Proposal] Blaze)
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 20:59:00 GMT
Brian McCallister wrote:
> On Aug 1, 2006, at 9:36 AM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
>
>> Brian,
>>
>> Just as in JCP, OASIS or W3C the real work happens on private
>> channels, that said we are in
>> the process of creating public pages, from which to link user and
>> feedback lists for anyone to
>> read, access and interact with the working group.
>
> Great! Is it the intention of the spec group members to switch the
> primary discussion and real work to the public list?

It is the desire of the group to be as transparent as possible, but due
to IP concerns (making sure the specification remains favorable
licensed) I can't promise that all work done in between drafts will be
public.  That said, the working group will frequently publish public
drafts, each of which will be licensed in a way to allow for open source
implementations.  Also, anyone demonstrating merit through their
comments/submissions on the public drafts will be invited to formally
participate in all aspects of spec development.  Alternatively we can
look at some of the previous suggestions a.) look into Apache joining
the WG, b.) look into providing insight into upcoming drafts.

Hopefully it is clear that we are also completely willing to adapt to
future Incubator requirements on standards-based projects, which Cliff
appears interested in getting written down.

Regards
Carl.