incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Cayenne IP Clearance status: 4 icla's not obtained
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 20:21:38 GMT
Cayenne has obtained ICLAs for all committers, including retired
committers. They have also obtained ICLAs for any who submitted patches
-- with the exception of 4 patch submitters whose contributions were
minor, trivial, reworked or broken [1] ([1] is also included down
below). 6 files/classes are involved and an example of "trivial" is at
http://tinyurl.com/o9vpk [2].

Is this sufficient? Or does something more need to be done?

thanks,

 -jean

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cayenne-dev/200607.mbox/%3cE908B156-EECE-44DB-8DD8-1F552F133184@objectstyle.org%3e
[2]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cayenne-dev/200608.mbox/%3cB486D845-00E2-4252-BA25-E8AE0BFA0D6C@objectstyle.org%3e

Below is the text of [1]:

Subject: CLAs status
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 23:00:58 -0400
From: Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>
To: cayenne-dev@incubator.apache.org

Looks like we have all CLA's that I could collect on file. It
includes 100% of the retired committers and almost all folks who
submitted contributions via patches. Here is a full list:

Holger Hoffstätte
Michael Misha Shengaout
Craig Miskell
Garry Watkins
Fabricio Voznika
Andriy Shapochka
Natalya Kholodnaya
Travis Cripps
Dirk Olmes
Scott Finnerty

(I also faxed today a signed PDF sent to me by Jeff Martin)

Don't know if we have to do anything special about a few other
contributions whose authors either never replied to my requests, or I
couldn't locate their new emails. Fortunately to us those are minor
contributions (see below). All of them are either patches to the
bigger modules, and/or fairly trivial, and/or already mostly reworked
by other committers. All of them were done with explicit intent to be
included in Cayenne under ObjectStyle Apache license clone.

Gary Jarrel (web app filter, DBCP factory)
Dario Bagato - (a patch for EOModel reverse engineering)
Mario Linke (small DB2 PK generator patch)
Heiko Wenzel (FirebirdAdapter - trivial and broken)

So do we need to do anything about these files? If not, we are done
with IP clearence.

Andrus