incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <>
Subject Re: Maven 2 repo for incubating project releases?
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 23:06:19 GMT
On 8/7/06, Daniel Kulp <> wrote:
> Was there any resolution/agreement on this thread?   Any actions taken (like
> creation of the incubating repositories)?
> The Yoko project was asked to publish some SNAPSHOT's (by another apache
> project BTW), but they're not sure what to put in their
> distributionManagement section of the poms.    Several incubating projects
> are deploying to the normal apache SNAPSHOT repository, but before yoko
> started doing that, I wanted to double check to make sure that they aren't
> supposed to put them someplace else instead.

I don't think there's any reason to separate incubating snapshots from
apache snapshots; neither one should be something that people depend
on strongly and they could vanish at any time (if say we needed
diskspace very very quickly :) ).

> Also, they're getting close to finalizing a milestone 1 release at which point
> they'd like to publish a non-snapshot, but still incubating, release.   Which
> repository do those go in?

I think we should have a separate repository for the proper releases.

> I personally prefer:

Noel, shall I go ahead and create the above? They get my +1 from a
repository@ point of view.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message