incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Wicket into the Incubator
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:43:16 GMT
I've never used Wicket, but I've done a fair number of webapps using
similar component frameworks, such as WebObjects and Tapestry. All I
can say - it is hard to argue about component frameworks with people
who never used them. The benefit is essentially a different more
developer-friendly abstraction. Of course it ties to the request/
response protocol.

Wicket site does seem to be heavy on marketing talk. While I find it
very annoying (although this probably serves them in converting the
masses), this doesn't mean it is a bad framework :-)

Andrus