incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Specifications as (part of) ASF projects (was RE: Too many licenses? Was: [vote] Accept Glasgow)
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:43:39 GMT

On Aug 15, 2006, at 6:57 AM, Alan Conway wrote:

> Idiotic question from complete Apache newbie: is the proposal that
> Apache should start hosting specs but would still host projects
> implementing foreign specs, or that Apache should stop hosting
> projects
> implementing non-Apache specs?

I haven't read anything as meaning that Apache would stop hosting
projects implementing external specs. We would have to cancel most of
the existing projects.

And we're circling around the idea of hosting spec-writing projects
but haven't come close to understanding the implications. And it's
not clear to me that the project that stimulated the discussion even
wants to have a spec-writing component.

Craig