incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Forming an ActiveMQ PPMC
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 03:20:54 GMT
The ActiveMQ committers have decided to aim for TLP status (1), as
such we need to get a PPMC in place. Thus far we have been working
under a "committer votes all count" style (really, everyone's vote
counts, it is on a public list without any of the "mine is binding"
stuff that has become popular), so I would like to open the
discussion of formalizing the PPMC as all current committers on
ActiveMQ.

We have been self-governing in that style so far, voting on releases,
committer additions, project direction, and whatnot on the public -
dev list (and forwarding the needed official things over to the
incubator lists for the incubator pmc).

-Brian

1) Thread starts http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-
activemq-dev/200608.mbox/%3c6DCE6BA3-4C1C-469B-
AED4-500DCBFA1DF6@apache.org%3e but archive hasn't picked up the
tally yet