incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Igor Vaynberg" <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IRC Channel?
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 01:12:07 GMT
in wicket we use irc quiete a lot. we dont post all transcripts to the list
because in general they are too noisy to be of any use to anyone. we do have
them available for browsing on the web [1] though. we also have a search
engine that indexes our mailing list, wiki, irc logs, and a few select
websites to give a single point entry into all those resources [2].

i think in general it works out well. we formulate and refine ideas on irc
for a couple of hours and then post a summary to the devel list. after a few
hours of real time communication the idea is usually flashed out enough to
be a good base for a longer/slower-paced discussion on the list.

so i think irc is a valuable tool even though not everyone can get into the
conversation at the same time.

[1] http://ginandtonic.org/wicket
[2] http://woogle.billen.dk/search

-Igor