incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [policy] incubating projects and maven repositories v1.0
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 05:07:35 GMT
On Thursday 31 August 2006 00:15, Dan Diephouse wrote:
> I don't really think that this is going to help anything. The user is
> always in control.  The responsibility has never left their hands. Lets
> step away from the incubator a sec and take GPL jars for instance - if
> there is a transitive dependency on GPL jars, the user is completely
> responsible for that.
> Why would it be any different for an incubator JAR?

The difference is that no Apache project has a transitive dependency on a
GPL'd project. The Apache PMC is responsible to ensure that no GPL code is
sneaking in via transitive dependencies, and an improved reporting facility
in Maven's release plugin would *really* be good, both for licensing and
other concerns.

Cheers
Niclas