incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: JIni Proposal
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:08:19 GMT
On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 11:57:46PM +0300, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Is anyone opposed to the proposed Jini project being called "Apache
> Jini" after the latest comments from the Jini community?

AIUI (haven't followed everything closely):

 1) the people involved understand all the potential issues involved
    thoroughly now and really want to do it this way
 2) Apache gets the trademark so there's no big legal worry

so no objections. I'll just note the SpamAssassin people went through
trademark ownership transfer in the past so any details on what needs
to be done on our side, one of them will probably know.

LSD