incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Fluoride
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:10:11 GMT
On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 05:51:33PM -0400, Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Do proposed projects by current ASF members need official mentors and
> champions who are different than the proposer?

Good question. This is the first time we have one like this :)

What Noel and others have said in the past is "essentially you need 3 +1s
from ASF members" (and sometimes "incubator PMC members" instead, I guess
what matters is somehow "minimum bindingness"). Which I sorta agree with.
That said, I wouldn't suggest starting on something without having a real
good feeling about having enough people to commit time to something.

> I'd be interested in participating in this, but I can't commit much
> bandwidth, so I'll probably just lurk on the mailing lists if/when
> they're created.

Same here. I'm a very enthousiastic +0 just on the basis that its not java
;-P

LSD