incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Jini?
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 17:55:19 GMT
On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 06:46:58PM +0200, Mark Brouwer wrote:
> We had some discussions 'in private' how to deal with this [1] and
> concluded last Friday to proceed this in general@incubator. I expect Jim
> Hurley to follow up soon as he represents the owner of the trademark.
>
> [1] which by now we understand is the biggest crime one can commit here
> ;-), we just didn't understand that it was policy to have these type of
> discussion in public. It was not because we didn't want others to become
> involved.

FWIW your private discussion (where Geir and me where CCed) was not a "crime"
(yes I saw the smiley!). The ASF understands how hard it can sometimes be to
"interface" open source projects to the corporate world.

Yet it would also be entirely appropriate and quite conductive (others might
learn, for example :) ) to have it on this mailing list, and it *is* what we
expect of our communities. Posting a summary of the private discussion(s) for
example might help as well.

LSD