incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Jini?
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 23:06:50 GMT
On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 10:55 -0700, Leo Simons wrote:
> FWIW your private discussion (where Geir and me where CCed) was not a "crime"
> (yes I saw the smiley!). The ASF understands how hard it can sometimes be to
> "interface" open source projects to the corporate world.

Absolutely +1.

> Yet it would also be entirely appropriate and quite conductive (others might
> learn, for example :) ) to have it on this mailing list, and it *is* what we
> expect of our communities. Posting a summary of the private discussion(s) for
> example might help as well.

In this case actually I'd say that public discourse would've been very
good (despite the bazillion informed and uninformed opinions you
would've gotten!), as problems like copyright assignment are a common
issue for the incubator. We probably eventually need to get something
into the incubator docs.

Sanjiva.