incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kim van der Riet <kim.vdr...@redhat.com>
Subject Glasgow naming: proposal
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 19:49:55 GMT
I have been somewhat surprised at the amount of debate surrounding the
name of the proposed Glasgow project. It seems that this project has
become entangled in an issue overdue for discussion within Apache.
Perhaps the emotive issue of using (another) proper noun has sparked a
much-needed debate. I have even been a little confused by the seemingly
contradictory posts about resolving the naming of the project prior to
acceptance vs. solving the issue prior to graduation.

Being new to the process of incubation and to Apache itself, I would
very much appreciate some clarification of the following regarding
Glasgow: Do we need to change our name now or after acceptance? The
project undertakes to abide by any policy or naming decision and make
any necessary name changes. If need be, we could even open a separate
thread, pre- or post-incubation-acceptance, for the purpose of finding
an acceptable name, and invite all those who wish to do to to
contribute.

Some clear guidelines would be very helpful.

Kim van der Riet
Hopeful future (Glasgow) committer
RedHat