incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: piling on
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 08:50:15 GMT
On 7/21/06, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:

> On Jul 20, 2006, at 7:30 PM, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

<snip>

> "Policies" (for whatever level they exist here) have been set up
> > established practice- and as you know the mode of operation here so
> > far
> > has been "add yourself to the wiki". So for all practical purposes, it
> > *was* the policy here until your email.
>
> No.  Policies are set by agreement of the incubator PMC.  What people
> do in the *absence* of policy is not policy.

+1

> I have no problem with changing it but don't try to make it look like
> > there's "piling on" when established practice has is followed. I'm
> > absolutely +1 for changing the process and having the proposer control
> > who joins the project as you recommend.
>
> The change would be adding policy where none existed before.

no change is necessary - the current policy is sufficient.

ATM the proposal on the wiki is not normative. the sponsor votes on the
proposal as submitted to the list. this proposal contains a number of names
proposed as initial committers. the sponsor votes to accept the proposal
submitted including the list of initial committers. so, the list of
committers is specified by the proposer and approved by the sponsor.

what other goals would any new policy have in the area?

- robert