incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject conventions for tallying VOTEs [WAS Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Incubator PMC to accept Heraldry project for incubation]
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:13:14 GMT
On 7/15/06, Ted Leung <twleung@sauria.com> wrote:

> My apologies -- I only counted replies to the vote that I called for
> on Tuesday.   Always good to have more +1's.

over in jakartaland it's not uncommon for vote to included electorates
numbered in the high double digits. with large electorates, it can be
difficult to accurately tally votes on list. so, it's common to add a note
indicating a short breathing space (24 hours, say) before starting to
execute the action to give anyone who's vote has been miscounted to speak
up. appending something like "by my count, this proposal passes. unless
there are objections, i will XXX after hh:mm TMZ."

would a similar convention be useful here?

- robert