incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Site-author/guide/sites.xml
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:56:21 GMT

> Hi,

hello again

I volunteered to write a guide for incubator web sites, and created the
> attached xml file as a start. A few logistics questions:
>
> The file is in the incubator/trunk/site-author/guides/ directory as
> sites.xml. This is the location and name that Robert and I discussed at
> ApacheCon 2006. Is this still where it should be?

i think so (but then i would, wouldn't i ;-)

any objections?

I'd like to include a sample site complete with the ant script, anakia
> binary, and prototypical web pages for an incubating project. The sample
> site should be available to incubating projects. Where should this sample
> site be put? (The sample site probably should not go into the site-author
> directory because it isn't source material for the incubator site itself.)

a new directory in incubator/public/trunk/samples...?

(one day hopefully we'll have some similar samples for releases)

anyone have a better idea?

Should I open an incubator JIRA issue to put patches into?

yes please

i should be able to get to them this weekend (unless anyone else beats me to
it)

thanks for helping out with the documentation: it really is appreciated

- robert