incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question for the webpage "ADF Faces Project Incubation Status"
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:50:50 GMT

> Hey the webpage "ADF Faces Project Incubation Status" (see [1])
> contains the following statement (I am just updating some points):
>
> <snip>
> Copyright
> ....-..-..
> Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the ASF
> been received. It is only necessary to transfer rights for the
> package, the core code, and any new code produced by the project.
> </snip>
>
> I guess this means that the CCLA and ICLAs of the initial committers
> have be faxed to Jim, right ? If so, it is hard for me to figure out
> that exactly date of that.
>
> Can I instead write DONE ?

here's the way i see it (hopefully other  people will jump in if i have this
wrong)...

the date is intended to be social rather than formal: jim (the apache
secretary) maintains our form records. the web site is just a way for people
to find out information. so, i'd say use the date the document is changed
since it demonstrates that the podling is making progress.

or does this mean a different paper ?
> (Note, all code has been checked in on may 7th, with the Apache 2.0license)

 the appropriate software grant forms need to be received by jim before the
code can be committed to an apache repository. the grants are important
since apache has no rights to distribute the code or create derivative works
before these documents are received by jim.

are the grants in order?

- robert