incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Don't +1 lightly (was: Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve the 3.0-M2 release of ServiceMix)
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 14:08:56 GMT
<snip>

I take your point about Yet Another Role. On the other hand it takes 3
> binding +1s to do a release, and projects typically have only one
> mentor. It seems to me that a few people like you Robert take on a
> large part of the burden of doing detailed reviews, so I was simply
> trying to figure out a way of spreading that load.

i agree that we should try spread the load. i just think it better reuse the
existing name whilst doing so (mentor). the well understood chair role could
be extended to ppmc's  and be used to describe the active part of the
current mentor role.

- robert