incubator-general mailing list archives

From "sophitia que" <sophitia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about naming
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:07:04 GMT
On 7/31/06, Martin Sebor <sebor@roguewave.com> wrote:

> Is it intended that either of the two mentions (specifically just
> the URL) satisfy this requirement? I.e., that something like this
> be sufficient on a third party web page that discusses the project:

>         Apache Podling-Name
>     </a>

Hello Martin:

>From my perspective, the above is insufficient because it presumes that
people understand that http://incubator.apache.org/.... refers to a project
in incubation.  Perhaps this is a failure on our part, to do the sufficient
branding of what the Apache Incubator is, but I'd say that until such time
that the Apache Incubator has become better understood as an entity and
process through the industry, that explicit mention of a "project in
incubation/in the Apache Incubator" is necessary.

Susan