incubator-general mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven 2 repo for incubating project releases?
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:45:53 GMT
On 7/27/06, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/27/06, James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I understand the current rules of the incubator forbid the use of the
> > apache mirrors for incubating projects.
>
> Why do you think so? If, as you say, the artifact Id explicitly
> contains the term "incubator", then I would think that that is
> absolutely sufficient for letting people know that they are using
> incubating software.

I seem to remember the Incubator policy used to say something to the
effect that incubatoring projects were not Apache projects yet so
couldn't use the Apache mirror system. I tried to find that in the
current policy document but got the tantalising line...

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

"The Podling is not yet an Apache project, and it should thus always
refer to the Incubator Project Resource usage Guidelines, that are as
follows"

and it then doesn't say anything about releases :)

Anyone know where the "Incubator Project Resource usage Guidelines"
are? Am wondering if the policy has changed and incubating projects
can now use the regular m2 repository - which appears to be this one I
think...

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/

> Additionally, one might add the incubator notice
> to the POM files.

FWIW there are usually incubating notices inside the jars too along
with in the README.

--

James
-------