incubator-general mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Blaze
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 06:57:18 GMT
> Ian Holsman wrote:
> Blaze is about only AMQP, a proposed standard for interoperable messaging.
> ActiveMQ implements multiple protocols.  There is some disagreement between
> AMQP proponents and the ActiveMQ team regarding the desirability of
> balkanizing messaging protocols.

I'd maybe rephrase that a little; AMQP proponents see AMQP as 'the one
protocol to bind them all' whereas the ActiveMQ team are pretty
flexible on protocols, we prefer to let users decide to use whatever
protocol makes sense for their requirements so we support several
(REST, Ajax, XML, WS-Notififaction, Jabber (never quite finished that
one), Stomp, OpenWire) and hopefully one day AMQP too.

--

James
-------