incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate Wicket
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2006 15:38:46 GMT
Hi,

> Personally, my take on it is that the administrative side of things
> should be resolvable pretty quickly - collecting CLAs, reviewing
> licenses - also the process of Incubator PMC members observing how the
> Wicket community operates, all of that can IMO happen quite quickly.

Collecting CLAs can take *months* depending on how many you have to
collect and how responsive past contributors are.  We've been at it
for three months easily now with OFBiz, but I think it's probably the
outlier in terms of not just many contributors (a good thing), but
also some that are busy and/or hard to reach.

I haven't analyzed the wicket commit logs or anything, so it may be
that this does not apply, but just to let you know...

Yoav