incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mentors - the more, the merrier? [WAS Re: [VOTE] Accept Heraldry into the Incubator]
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:19:55 GMT
> Maybe you'd start with one of the mentors as chair then, maybe half way
> through incubation, start grooming a new ppmc chair from within the project.

+1
This addresses my concern about formally identifying the mentor who is
taking the key responsibility for the podling (rather than three
rarely available mentors with no one of them taking responsibility).
It also allows this mentor to demonstrate the role of a chair,
particularly during the beginning of the project when the project
could use help with both community processes and logistics.  And I
definitely agree with the idea of handing off that role during
incubation to one of the committers as soon as one of them as got the
idea.

Cliff