incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Gwyn Evans" <gwyn.ev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate Wicket
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2006 23:05:01 GMT
On 30/07/06, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> On 7/30/06, Gwyn Evans <gwyn.evans@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I'm not sure about this, as an absolute prohibition would imply the
> > 1.x stream would go into maintainance, which might be more restrictive
> > than planned...
>
> The point is that the podling is either here or it's not.  If new
> features are being added outside of the ASF, then it's not really
> hosted here.

Hmm, are we talking about "new" in terms of absolutes, or when
compared to the previous release?  I'd expect all "new features" would
be added to the main/podling branch, but a subset might want to be
backported to the 1.3 branch, e.g. a CreditCardValidator component.
Would that subset be viewed as "new features" or am I reading more
into it than was the intention?

/Gwyn