incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate Wicket
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 04:00:03 GMT
> i would much rather see wicket-1.2.2 rather then
> wicket-incubating-1.2.2 as a release. to me incubating says "not ready for
> production use".

Keep in mind that the Incubator has very little interest in users using the
code.  Our focus is entirely on developers, and users are "interesting" only
if they are becoming new developers.  Otherwise, it would probably be best
if they waited until the project leaves the Incubator.  Our branding is
specifically to warn users away, or at least caution them that these
projects are not endorsed.

	--- Noel