incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Dormancy
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:00:27 GMT
We have several projects that appear to be dormant, so let's discuss what
that means in terms of operational mechanics.

I'd suggest that the PMC declare a project as dormant, with the effect being
that we set the SVN ACL to read-only.  If people want to wake the project
up, we can change the ACL.

I'm not sure what would be best for the mailing list.  If we make make them
subscriber only, we would need people watching the lists, anyway.  Leave
them ostensibly place, but forward them to general@?  Or do we just turn
them off, with a bounce notice that people interested in resurrecting the
project contact us on general@?

And we can add a "dormant" section to the project index.

	--- Noel