incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Acceptance Vote Duration? [WAS Re: [VOTE] Accept Heraldry into the Incubator]
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:57:14 GMT
Ted Leung wrote:

> In this case, we had several weeks of discussion on Heraldry,
> including some F2F conversations at ApacheCon EU, so 72 hours
> doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Nor me.

> I guess the bigger question is whether we ought to change the
> 72 hour guideline for the foundation as a whole, or make
> incuabator votes a clearly noted exception.

We should use our judgment to ensure a collaborative environment without
undue overhead.  But it would be unfair, for example, to deliberately hold a
vote when someone whom you know is opposed is going to be off-line.

The Board has declared that 72 hours must pass between an ACK for PMC
membership and when the person is officially a member of the PMC.  That is
their perogative, since the Board determines whom is on a PMC.

	--- Noel