incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <>
Subject RE: Mentors - the more, the merrier? [WAS Re: [VOTE] Accept Heraldry into the Incubator]
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:14:09 GMT
Bruce Snyder wrote:

> What do you mean fix the doc? Is it not the policy that mentors be
> members? I've seen and been involved in discussions where this was
> used as a reason that non-members could not be mentors of an
> incubating project.

Mentors are (MUST BE) Incubator PMC Members.  ASF Members are automatically
eligible for PMC membership; non-Members may be elected at the discretion of
the Incubator PMC.  The Incubator PMC is understandably selective, but we
have had non-Members as Mentors, more than once.

	--- Noel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message