incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: piling on
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 23:30:10 GMT
Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> PPMC can oversee the process and should be able to veto proposed
> committers without sufficient earned karma, but I don't see the
> downsides of self-government of the incubating project.

The PPMC *is* the self-governing body for the Incubating project.  Which is
why I keep saying that the recommendation should be to have at least three
(3) Mentors on the project, thus enabling the PPMC to actually hold binding
votes without needing to wait on the rest of the PMC (although we should
still be included).  Without at least three mentors, a PPMC lacks the
necessary minimum number of votes, and must wait for other PMC members to
vote on each issue.

As for the question of whether or not a candidate has "sufficient earned
karma", the PPMC, following the explanation above, has the ability to make
the decision for each situation.

	--- Noel