incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Acceptance Vote Duration? [WAS Re: [VOTE] Accept Heraldry into the Incubator]
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:38:23 GMT
On Jul 11, 2006, at 10:21 AM, Ted Leung wrote:
> In this case, we had several weeks of discussion on Heraldry,
> including some F2F
> conversations at ApacheCon EU, so 72 hours doesn't seem like a big
> deal to me.
> If people want to extend the voting period, I've no problem with
> that.   I guess the bigger
> question is whether we ought to change the 72 hour guideline for
> the foundation as a whole, or
> make incuabator votes a clearly noted exception.

No.  No vote at Apache should require more than 72 hours.  Everyone does
not need to vote.  We are a distributed organization that cannot afford
to be hamstrung just because a few people may happen to be busy or on
vacation at the time.  The minimal quorum constraint was specifically
designed to prevent "volunteer variances" from effecting our ability
to make decisions.

....Roy  (+0 for acceptance of Heraldry)