incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate Wicket
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2006 23:27:11 GMT
I haven't followed the entire thread, but this sounds like what we
did in Cayenne. And it did cause some misunderstanding at times
regarding our intentions. Let's try to prevent similar
misunderstanding in the case of Wicket.

The quoted explanation seems quite reasonable to me, except that I
would suggest to feature-freeze what you have on your dev branch,
make a final release, and from that point only make bugfix releases
from that branch (outside Apache) to encourage users to switch to
Apache version. This way the old branch will still be "supported".
But none of the users should expect that the new features will be
ported back to the old releases.

Andrus