incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [UPDATE] CeltiXfire Project Proposal
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:27:30 GMT

On 18 Jul 06, at 9:46 AM 18 Jul 06, Mladen Turk wrote:

> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>> Hi,
>> So far we have 8 binding votes and I was wondering what the
>> official time period was for the voting window? Is it 72 hours as
>> it is for everything else? Just want to move on to the next phase
>> of the process if that is permissible at this point. Here are the
>> votes that have been cast thus far:
>
> So you wouldn't mind of mine humble non binding -1
> vote. Like said, I don't have nothing against
> that project, but like in many things in life
> even the ASF seems to behave in the spirit of:
> Quod licet Jovi non licet bovi.
>
> That's very sad :(

I don't think it's that hard to get onto the Incubator PMC and thus
have your vote be binding. Being on the Incubator PMC just gives some
indication that you're committed to being involved. There isn't a
high barrier to entry, you don't even have to be a member as the
existing PMC can bring anyone aboard and not meant to be
exclusionary. The process can, admittedly, be somewhat bureaucratic
but not closed.

> Regards,
> Mladen.

Jason van Zyl