incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: piling on
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 23:03:58 GMT
As always there is another dimension to every problem... Noel brings
a good point about single company contributions. The solution seems
wrong though.

PPMC can oversee the process and should be able to veto proposed
committers without sufficient earned karma, but I don't see the
downsides of self-government of the incubating project. IIRC there
are rules requiring committer diversity on graduation. So if the
project committers turn down existing ASF committers *who earned
karma*, the project is not going to graduate anyways. And if outside
people, who did not earn karma, formally get on board and do not
contribute, what good does it do to anybody?

Andrus