incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: [pre-proposal] AsyncWeb
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:29:02 GMT

On Jul 12, 2006, at 11:19 AM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On 7/12/06, peter royal <> wrote:
>> I have been talking with Dave Irving who is the principal developer
>> behind AsyncWeb, <>, an HTTP engine built
>> upon MINA <>, on
>> bringing the project to the ASF.
>> I've started a proposal at <
>> AsyncWebProposal>, assistance from others would be appreciated in
>> helping flesh it out.
>> I think this would be a good addition to the ASF, as there are many
>> projects that can benefit from a Java-based non-blocking HTTP server,
>> and I would also like to see some collaboration with the
>> HttpComponents project on their HttpNIO efforts.
> It almost sounds like this would be a good candidate for a software
> grant instead of meriting a full incubation.  How large of a community
> is around AsyncWeb?  From the proposal, it sounds just like one
> committer - so as long as the IP clearance paperwork is filed, it
> could go right into MINA.  See:

I know that a few ApacheDS guys have also done some
work on it as well.

> As an aside, I'm also a bit befuddled at why MINA lives in the
> Directory project - that just seems a bit odd.  =)

MINA is expected to propose a move to TLP soon... MINA
started off as a framework for ApacheDS and has grown into
its own very cool codebase.

I'd like to help here as well.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: