incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Brett Porter" <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven 2 repo for incubating project releases?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 04:59:03 GMT
So the solution that best corresponds to this is an incubation repository.

<repository>
  <url>http://people.apache.org/maven-repository-incubator/</url>
</repository>

(this could well be incubator.apache.org/maven-repository or whatever)

Then:
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
  <artifactId>activemq</artifactId>
  <version>4.0.1-incubated</version>
</dependency>

None of this will be uploaded to Ibiblio (and Maven will deny requests
to do so).

Note that in the case that a project external to the ASF decides to
use these details and publish a release based on it, it is entirely
possible that they can, and a user of that project will not have to
specify these details because of the transitive nature of Maven's
dependencies.

- Brett

Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org
"Better Builds with Maven" book - http://library.mergere.com/