incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] CeltiXfire Project
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:00:12 GMT
To make this easier:

Say I have this cool project that I'd like to contribute
to the ASF and have it become a TLP. I donate the code,
it enters the incubator, a community is built around it
and the external project is put out to pasture (ala
SpamAssassin).

Now consider a case where I donate the code, it enters
the incubator, but I do NOT terminate the external
project... Then what was the reason *for* the
"move" to the ASF? It wasn't a move at all, but
a simple code drop.

These are 2 very different things. And the Incubator must
be informed which of the 2 CeltiXfire will be.