incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Blaze
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:44:13 GMT
> Currently ActiveMQ has several C/C++ clients (with another client
> library waiting to get through the  donator's lawyers), so it might
> make sense at some point to try unify the C++ clients together too so
> users have a single C++ API for their messaging client and then a
> number of implentations/transports/protocols to use at deployment
> time. i.e. making a JMS for C++ API. (We've got a good start called
> CMS in ActiveMQ...)

I agree that a C++ (and also C) rendering of a JMS like API is going
to be a very useful thing.

James - do you have any idea how CMS matches or differs from IBM's XMS
XMS is also a rendering of JMS into C/C#/C++.

I think it would be interesting to see a confluence of the APIs and
protocols between ActiveMQ and Blaze giving interoperability in both
code and on the wire.