incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: piling on
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 22:57:42 GMT
> Garrett Rooney wrote:
>
> > Personally, yes, I feel this should apply to mentors as well.
>
> The Mentors are all Incubator PMC members, and the Incubator PMC as a whole
> oversees all Incubator projects.  Every Incubator PMC member has an equal
> binding vote on every Incubator matter, and ought to be able to act in an
> appropriate and responsible manner.  Yes, if we create our own discord,
> we'll have to deal with it amongst ourselves, but we're not going to start
> by limiting the scope of our PMC members.  Especially not without some
> justification that it is necessary.

Sure, but I think it should be made clear to mentors that the fact
that nothing is preventing them from committing changes to the project
they mentor doesn't mean that they should do so with abandon.  If they
want to contribute as a committer they should earn that right as any
other contributor would.  Of course, if they need to change something
because the podling has screwed something up from a
legal/procedural/whatever standpoint, that's another issue entirely,
and they shouldn't hesitate to do so.

-garrett