incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <>
Subject Re: piling on
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 22:17:54 GMT
On 7/19/06, Ian Holsman <> wrote:
> are you referring to mentors as well?

Personally, yes, I feel this should apply to mentors as well.  While
there are cases where a mentor needs commit access for some sort of
procedural issues (maintaining STATUS files, helping to fix up
licensing issues, and whatnot), they should absolutely not have
general commit access to the codebase until they have earned it like
any other developer.

Note that this is exactly what I did with the Abdera podling, despite
the fact that I'm acting as a mentor I sent in patches and waited for
them to be applied like any other contributor would have to.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message