incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Dormancy
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:04:27 GMT
> We have several projects that appear to be dormant, so let's discuss what
> that means in terms of operational mechanics.

FWIW, It's merely the lack of a clue as to what needs to be changed
that's kept me from closing down lucene4c.  Well, that and being busy
on other stuff ;-)

> I'd suggest that the PMC declare a project as dormant, with the effect being
> that we set the SVN ACL to read-only.  If people want to wake the project
> up, we can change the ACL.
>
> I'm not sure what would be best for the mailing list.  If we make make them
> subscriber only, we would need people watching the lists, anyway.  Leave
> them ostensibly place, but forward them to general@?  Or do we just turn
> them off, with a bounce notice that people interested in resurrecting the
> project contact us on general@?
>
> And we can add a "dormant" section to the project index.

Personally, I'd be in favor of closing the lists down, mainly because
a large percentage of the moderator spam I get is from lucene4c lists
;-)

-garrett