incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mentors - the more, the merrier? [WAS Re: [VOTE] Accept Heraldry into the Incubator]
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:24:20 GMT
> Kenneth Tam wrote:
>
> > http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html
>
> > "A Mentor is a role undertaken by a permanent member of the Apache
> > Software Foundation and is chosen by the Sponsor to actively lead in
> > the discharge of their duties (listed above)."
>
> We still haven't fixed that doc?  Ok, rhetorical.  We need to fix that doc.

What do you mean fix the doc? Is it not the policy that mentors be
members? I've seen and been involved in discussions where this was
used as a reason that non-members could not be mentors of an
incubating project. For all the times I've been referred to the docs
on the Apache website for policies of this nature, and in fact, this
policy in particular, this is a pretty big discrepancy. When did this
policy change?

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/