incubator-general mailing list archives

From "J Aaron Farr" <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dormancy
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:20:43 GMT
> I'd suggest that the PMC declare a project as dormant, with the effect being
> that we set the SVN ACL to read-only.  If people want to wake the project
> up, we can change the ACL.

+1

> I'm not sure what would be best for the mailing list.  If we make make them
> subscriber only, we would need people watching the lists, anyway.  Leave
> them ostensibly place, but forward them to general@?  Or do we just turn
> them off, with a bounce notice that people interested in resurrecting the
> project contact us on general@?

Can we have the messages both forward to general@ and send the poster
a notice message?  This allows an email to get through but also makes
it very clear to the sender the state of the project.  If not, I would
prefer the bounced message to simply forwarding the email along.

> And we can add a "dormant" section to the project index.

And include info on how to re-activate a project for those brave enough.

--
  jaaron