incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pre-proposal] AsyncWeb
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:37:16 GMT
On 7/17/06, Dave Irving <irvingd@logica.com> wrote:

> Trustin Lee wrote:
> >
> > One possibility though could be that MINA HTTP codec provides only
> encoder
> > and decoder implementation for HTTP messages and AsyncWeb is built on
> top
> > of
> > it to provide more tighter integration with existing webapp frameworks
> and
> > more HTTP-friently asynchronous APIs.  Yep, this is just an imagination
> in
> > my brain.  We can talk about this step by step.
> >

> One of the main goals of asyncweb is to provide maximum flexibility when
> dealing with http services - to satisfy a wide range of usage scenarios.
> Even though there is still much to do, in the future it will be possible
> hook in to all stages of the message reading / writing processes. This
> allows things like proper (application level) handling of continuation
> So I think in the future the asyncweb API is likely to become more generic
> and flexible to allow the best possible integration with any application
> requiring high throughput http (e.g, web service frameworks etc).

It makes total sense.  I'd love to see everything becomes real, though we
need to draw a line between generalization and specialization when we
generalize AsyncWeb because MINA already has its role to provide a generic
network application framework.

Of course, if this is possible to achieve whilst factoring out and building
> upon some lower level http codecs, then that would be awseome!
> I guess the details of such a refactoring will become more obvious over
> time
> after we integrate.

Yes, that's my point.  We will see as we integrate.  I believe this is the
Apache way a community grows up healthy, sound and sustainable, like a
bottle of great wine.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6